I had a call today from a patient I saw in my clinic for Dry Needling treatment.
This patient called me up to ask me what kind of dry needling therapy do I do — do I leave the needle in place for several minutes, or do I move the needle around until the patient’s muscles flickers or twitches?
I must say that I was impressed. “Wow, that’s a very informed patient,” I said to myself.
That call encouraged me to create a video which addresses some important factors that are relevant to what the patient asked me. I also talk about how to properly answer questions like these from your own patients.
Watch the video to find out why it’s not always a good idea to try and elicit a Local Twitch Response using Dry Needling therapy.
[DOWNLOAD PDF TRANSCRIPT OF VIDEO]
Dr Wayne W Mahmoud
CPD Health Courses
Did you know that we also offer Dry Needling & other online courses for Health Practitioners?
Click here to find out more.
- Dry Needling Video Training
- Dry Needling Introductory Course
- Dry Needling Advanced Course
- Protect My Practice
- Grow My Practice
- Dry Needling – to twitch or not to twitch? [click here to Tweet]
- A great tip to help you out with a patient’s questions [click here to Tweet]
- Does your patient have a question about what type of dry needling therapy you do? [click here to Tweet]